Monday, June 29, 2015

Rainbows, Baptism, Popsicles, Cockroaches again!

1.Funniest Thing Done: Well there were a couple pretty funny moments, but the top one would have to be when we were waiting for people to come to Carter's Baptism we were sitting there and then I had some cherries that I wanted to eat. Well Carter wanted some, so we let him have some.  They were really juicy and we were so proud of him for not getting it all on the front of the WHITE baptismal suit! So then we were taking pictures, and lo and behold the evil Cherry Juice did get on him... On the left side by where his hands go. His grandma was so mad at him, but we told her we all knew it would happen. I was the evil one that got the cherries in the picture in the first place!
We also love to just have random encounters with people.  We were teaching a lesson and the woman that we were teaching thinks that she can tell the future.  Maybe she can, who knows. But we were talking about having the Elders come and teach her son. Then I kid you not, she says the Elders are here. I looked outside and she was right. They were standing outside her house.  She was all creepy like and hid and waited till they knocked and then said"Hello. The Sisters are here.  Come in." *all said in a creepy old woman witch voice* Yeah so that happened.  I think the Elders were kinda creeped out, but it gave us the great opportunity we were looking for to leave.  I love Heavenly Father. He sent the Elders, so that we could get out of there.
2.Biggest Blessing or Miracle: So Carter got Baptized this last week.  He is 8 years old, and only his 2 older sisters are members.  He is so awesome! When he was getting his baptismal interview he told the Elder that he loved the Church, and the can forgive others for when they have hurt him, and that he knows the Sister Missionaries love him.  I was so proud of him. Although I only met him 2 weeks ago, he has a special place in my heart.  We went over there everyday this week, and saw him.  Everyday he was so excited to see us.  We brought them popsicles the other day, and the look of excitement on their face made me so happy! They said they never get Popsicle, because they are always bad.  The sad thing is, the Mother is not well and will tell the kids they are bad.  Anyways. After the Popsicle lesson, we went outside and were talking about how there was less than 24 hours till Carter was baptized.  Then we look up, and we see a Rainbow.  It was so awesome to see, because it was a testimony builder to me that Heavenly Father knew Carter needed to see that.  He was telling us, this is the song we are singing tomorrow. I am not sure I have ever seen someone so excited to be baptized?
3.Exciting Events: We have added more cockroaches to the count. There are 8 now.  I am well on my way to the 26 I hope we have in 4 weeks.  There was also the great news that an investigator, Oneida should be getting her kids back from CPS this next month! That was such a great thing!
4.Favorite Game: Who can kill a cockroach faster? The shoe: risk missing, and it running away. or the Roach Killer Spray: risk it running away after you spray it, and it dies somewhere you can't find it.  I have found the spray to be the best.
5.Favorite Food: Brownies with Frosting. Ribs. Watermelon. Summer Food is the BEST!
6.Most Challenging Thing: Knowing that there are so many children in the Wards that we are working in that need food.  It is always so sad to go there, and think about how lucky you were growing up and not having to worry about that kind of thing.  Makes me appreciate my parents and all that they have done for me and my awesome siblings. I think also having someone you have met and love and know has stage 5 Breast Cancer, and the odds are not looking in her favor.  I love going and visting Roxanne and it makes me really really grateful for the health that I have. Stomach stuff is nothing compared to what she has got going on.
7.Simple Pleasures: Rainbows. They are so pretty! haha, but that also means that there was moisture in the air! I mean that never happens in Apple Valley, or the Desert alone.
8.Goals: Help the area anyway I can. Help at Rene and Larry's wedding this week. Be of service to everyone we meet. BIKE!
9.Biggest Smile: Carter. He always makes me laugh.  That is so great!!! He is such a goofball! He makes the most stressful situations hilarious! I love it.
10.Biggest Accomplishment: Oh man. I got us home the other night.  Sister G drives, but I told her where to turn and when to just keep going straight.  It was AWESOME! hahaha, I didn't realize how well I knew the area!
11.Favorite Scripture Story Studied: Abinadi. He just totally stood up for what he believed in, and didn't back down.  He was 100% willing to submit his will to the Lord's will.
12.Favorite Quote: "You have white underwear on right Carter?" -me. "uhhhh.... Grandma is my underwear white?"-Carter. "Well I didn't put it on you... You should know if it is white or not."-Grandma. "Oh well."-Carter
That is Hesperia way over there!!  The middle of nowhere in my new area borders the middle of nowhere in my 1st area.

We were on the way to a member's house, and apparently took a wrong turn.

We were looking for the "end" of our area.  Sister G was driving and got us a "little" lost!

We found it!

It was a great week, I love the Gospel, and I know that Heavenly Father is 100% aware of where we are in life. I love it.  He has helped me so much. Especially when I have just wanted to, as the Elders keep saying, "throw in the towel".  He is always there and willing to help us.  I love you all! Have a great week!
Love, Sister Rietz

No comments:

Post a Comment