Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Hello Apple Valley and not much time to email...

I am in a new area. I am finishing training a new missionary.  I am still in a car. There are only 4 sisters in my zone.  Our zone covers Big Bear, Lucerne, and some mountains.  We are in 2 wards: Ranchos and Granite Hills.  I know that this transfer is going to be crazy, because it already has been.  This morning all was great! We cleaned the car, went to the Upland Look Out spot with the Sisters.  We got everything cleaned in our apartment. We fit everything in the car.  And didn't hit ANY traffic on the way there.  All of those are Miracles.  Then we had an awesome meeting with all the missionaries getting transferred. Lots of great things said about submitting your will to the Lord, and staying focused.  All things that are really good to hear.  Then the Fun started.... So I was in a meeting for trainers that was only supposed to last an hour. Well President had to take care of some things, and so it started late.  Then it went over by 45 mins.  So we are now running an hour behind.  Not good.  Then we realize that there was a mix up, and the phone that is for this area was in Apple Valley, and we were not... THEN I realized I had no idea how to get there.  So never fear the AP's save the day.  They got us directions to make it to Apple Valley.  I needed to make sure my bike made it up to the desert, and the Elders that had brought my bike from Upland said it was gone from where they had put it.  I love my bike, and I was so sad.  All I could think was how much I wanted to see my bike.  We were some of the last missionaries to leave, and when we were walking out lo and behold my bike is on the back of this truck.  And to make it better, in that truck was 2 missionaries that I have served around before.  They pulled up next to us, and explained that we could follow them to Apple Valley.  I was so happy, because I felt like my prayer was answered.  They said they had to get gas, and food then we could start heading up the hill.  We went to one gas station.  It didn't accept the mission gas card. Went to another gas station.  It was out of service.  I felt bad because you could tell Elder F was really flustered.  Then we finally get to a gas station that pumps gas. But it doesn't end there.  The ONE pump I pulled up to didn't work.  So we waited to use the Elders pump.  We got gas, and away we went.  Traffic wasn't bad at first.  We were going about 80 and then all of a sudden we got in a wreck.  Yeah, the Jeep Compass that I was driving is toast.  Okay just kidding.  No wreck happened.Traffic just slowed to a whole 7 mph.  So then coming up the hill was super slow going. We left the mission office around 1:30ish and just got to Apple Valley at 3:45ish.  It was a long tiring day, but I am so grateful to be here, and start the next chapter in my mission life.  All I know about this area is on Saturday at 10:15 at night it was 95 degrees in Apple Valley. I am so gonna be more tan than you Kristin.  We live in a house, with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.  And we are the only sisters living there.  We have a lesson tonight with an 8 year old and we are going to set a baptismal date with him tonight.  Good things are happening here in Apple Valley.  Upland 3rd no longer has sisters.  They decided there was not enough work for 4 missionaries in that ward.  Elder J, Sister S, and myself all got transferred and we all went to the same zone in Apple Valley! What are the odds!? Elder J and I are also ward mates again, and he is also training. 2 new missionaries in 2 new wards with 2 new missionaries to the area... This is going to be really really really interesting. But like I said there is a lot going on in this ward.  I am so happy to be back in the Desert, and just driving up here I was thinking back to a year ago when I was brand new, and coming to the Desert for the first time.  It was awesome.  That word is the only way I can describe it.  But the Lord works in mysterious ways, and I know this is the area that I am supposed to be in.

Thank you to all those that loved me, cared for me, and that now hold a special place in my heart.  I will forever remember you, and the adventures, moments, and all the other fun times that we had together.  I will be safe here, for being in Apple Valley this is a pretty good area.  I heard that Hesperia was worse, except they have found bodies in the church parking lot and in the field across from the Church, but that was awhile ago so NO WORRIES MOM!!! 

I love you so much! Thanks for being such amazing, awesome, wonderful people! I am so sorry this didn't talk about anything that happened this last week.  Just know that we did LOTS of service, Sister M stepped on a rusty nail but is fine, got 78 lemons and 39 grapefruit from a member, I said Good bye to Sister M and Sister N today.  It was rough.  I love those sisters a lot.  They both taught me so much about how to become a missionary, and how to become a better missionary!

So I said this sunday, and Candy requested that I put it in the email:
Favorite Quote: "Everybody in the Desert needs Jesus Christ"
Sorry for no pictures.  This was just a rush email!
Love, Sister Rietz

No comments:

Post a Comment