Wednesday, July 29, 2015

This is the Lord's Work

I love being a missionary.  I love the stress, the happiness, and even the mornings when you wake up feeling like you recieved zero hours of sleep.  Another missoinary mentioned that I looked like I had been hit by a train, and it made me think about one wonderful morning when Dad asked me if I was going to school like that, and then ever so kindly reminded me that I looked like "Death warmed over".  Haha, but I read this awesome quote (see quote in bold teal below)and I know that none of the things that are happening now are that big of a deal..... well the work is a big deal, but the exhaustion and the stress and all of the other round bumps that we hit are just small, and not something that we should get caught up in.  
"When we LOVE the Lord, 
OBEDIENCE ceases to be a burden.  
It becomes a DELIGHT." - Joseph B. Wirthlin
Alright now onto the new and exciting things.  There is a new transfer, and new and exciting things happening here in Southern California.  Let me just put some rumors aside right now. 
Yes I am an "Old" missionary now.  My Mission Mom went home today, and is probably with her family right now.  No one is going to know who the crazy but loving and inspiring Sister M is... Until they meet me! I am not letting her memory die! Haha!
I am training a new missionary this Transfer.  There are 29 missionaries coming in.  They actually just got to the mission office 6 minutes ago... Haha, so Sister T and I are going back to the car that I drive to get my overnight bag.
Oh yeah, did I mention that Sister T and I are companions again!? Haha, well just till tomorrow but still! We are staying with the Redhill Sisters in Rancho, but then we were talking with the AP's and we were telling them we didn't know what to do tonight, and they said we could go work in UPLAND!!!!!!!!!! GAH! I am so happy! Hahaha, so I am back in Upland with Sister T! #dreamteamreunited She is training as well, so we will get to see each other in a couple weeks again at the 4 week meeting.  I could not love this transfer doctrine call anymore.  When Elder B called to tell me who my temporary companion was, he told me that I was going to like it very much... And then he paused. I am pretty sure it was just for like 20 seconds but it felt like forever.  And then he said you will be with.... (more pausing) SIster T! I may or may not have jumped in a circle and screamed/yelled in happiness. She is one of those Sisters that I know she was a saving grace, and a Best Friend in one.  How lucky to have her as my companion for 24/7 for 12 weeks.  Well make it 12 weeks and 2 days! Upland Better Watch Out! We are coming for you!
Sorry this email is so crazy! I am just running out of time! This last week we saw so many amazing things happen.  We were able to see Oneida this week with her Boys! They are so awesome.  When we were teaching them the Plan of Salvation the Spirit was so strong and they were all getting it.  I have never met a 5, 7 and 9 year old that has never heard the Gospel but has these experiences where you know the Lord has been preparing them. I can't wait for Oneida and Greg (9) to get baptized on August 22! It is going to be awesome! We went over last night and told them Sister G was getting transferred.  When we were there Brad told me that he had a lose tooth, I jokingly told him to pull it out.  Not 30 seconds later I feel him tap my back and blood coming out of his mouth.  Haha, he got the tooth out.  I guess that we really do have an influence on those boys!  They are too cool for school! Haha!g\
We also saw Brenda and had two amazing lessons with her! She is just so awesome! We taught Gospel of Jesus Christ and Plan of Salvation.  She is getting it all, and I just love her enthusiasm for the Gospel.  She is such an example to all of us.  She is still on track to get baptized on August 8th! And so that is super great! She came to Church, which is such a blessing because if she missed last Sunday then we would have had to push her baptism back.
You all are amazing people.  I was reading a talk this last week called Quick to Observe. You all should read it.  It really changed my perspective on a lot of things.  Good Ole' Sister C had me read it a couple weeks ago after exchanges, but I think that it was time for a refresher.  It is super good! Read it!
As a representative of Jesus Christ, I testify to you all that there is a living Prophet on the Earth.  He is there to lead and guide us, just as the Prophets of Old.  Why would the people have a prophet and there be no need for us to have one.  I testify that He is called of God.  I know this is the Lord's work.  His hand is in it more than I think we sometimes realize.  Times may be tough, but as a less-active was telling us: "He is always there, even when I make HUGE mistakes.  He is willing to let me back in, and He will still love all of us. I love the Savior." When she said that, she just started bawling, and I realized that she was finally getting the things that we had been teaching her.  It was such a miracle, and she told us that we are the one's that have helped her see God's Love in her life.  I know missionaries make differences in people's lives, but members make just as big of a difference, if not more.  I am so grateful for my ward members here.  They are all so great, and such a great example to me that the Lord will never let us do this alone.  He will give us companions, and others to help us.  I know that the same Priesthood Power that Christ had is here on the Earth today.  I know that same Priesthood is held by the Elders, my Dad, my Brother, and so many other Righteous Men in the Church.  It allows us to be blessed everyday of our lives.  I can't imagine the world without it.  Actually let me take that back, I can. But it would be miserable and sad.  I know that our Faith is sometimes all we have, but that Faith allows the Atonement and His Grace to work in our lives.  Our Faith will never leave, unless we let it.
Remember,  
"When we LOVE the Lord, 
OBEDIENCE ceases to be a burden.  
It becomes a DELIGHT." - Joseph B. Wirthlin
Have a great week! 
Love, Sister Rietz


Apple Valley Sisters

 District in the Valley of Apples.  (this is our Boy Band name, and we are going to be famous one day)

No comments:

Post a Comment