Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Obedience Brings Forth Blessings

1.Funniest Thing Done: We went and did service for a woman in our ward that got in a car wreck, and broke her neck.  While we were at her house, the Elders were removing stumps and branches etc. and we were inside helping her with everyday/weekly/monthly things that needed to get done.  We helped her clean out her pantry, organize her bedroom so it is easier for her to get around, and then we made her bed and put new sheets on it.  She was so grateful, and I realized that she had such a new view on service and the ward literally being there for her.  It really reminded me of the new Mormon Message titled "Lift." GO LOOK IT UP! Anyways, now to the humorous part. Oh, one more thing this woman is maybe 4' 11''. Weighs 105lbs, is 70 years old but has the mouth and the spunk of a 13 year old girl. Now to the funny part: We were all eating dinner with her, and the Elders were having a side conversation, and poor sweet Sister F just wanted in on the conversation as well.  She wanted to know what they were talking about, and they were not going to tell her.  They said that it would scare her.  She told them nothing scared her, and that if they didn't tell her what they were talking about she just might have to cause a big fuss in the middle of sacrament, and then the whole ward would know.  So the Elders continued talking in what seemed like code, and Sister F said, "I have Bishops number around here somewhere... I can cause this fuss to start a lot sooner than Sunday Elders." and then the Elders spilled it all.  Mom: I am not sure you want to read this... They were talking about how some Elders witnessed a drive by shooting, and then the guy that was shot asked them to pray with him.  So they did, and then they gave him a blessing, and then the cops showed up. That was not the funny part, I don't have that terrible of a humor people.
2.Biggest Blessing or Miracle: So this last week, we went on a hike! It was AWESOME! So what do we do when the Library is closed for the holiday, and we have 3 more hours to our P-day? WE GO ON ANOTHER HIKE! Well, we had to get permission from our Mission President, and he was really worried that someone was going to get hurt, or that we would die or something crazy like that... Anyways, so I had to talk with our Mission President and give him all the details, and he said we had to be back at 4:30.  Well we gave ourselves enough time, or so we thought, and we had a jolly good time.  There were lots of people, and I am not sure they were very happy that 6 sisters were trying to not only hike, but they were giving out cards left and right.  So we are .4 miles away from the top, and it was 3:15.  We still had to get back down, and we knew that it was going to take sometime.  We all really wanted to make it to the top, but knew that it would make it so we were late to our agreement with President.  I knew that if we were late it would be my fault, because I had organized the hike, and I had promised President that we would be done hiking at 4:30.  We decided being obedient was more important that making it to the top. I guess this is when Obedience with Exactness comes into play... We were blessed when we got down because we DIDN'T get a parking ticket and other people did. Almost all the cars had them, EXCEPT OURS! We came to the conclusion, that if we had gone to the top, our cars would have been ticketed... We didn't buy a day pass...oops.  But all is well!!
3.Exciting Events: We had so many miracles! I don't even know where to start! On Friday I went with one of the Spanish Sisters to a dinner appointment, because Hermana W is really allergic to corn and their meal was all corn based, so I went in her stead.  So the meal was really good.  No idea what it was called, but you put lettuce in it, and we all had chicken legs, and there was totally a foot in the mom's bowl... anyways, there was also this really hot chili sauce you put in it but it was so GOOD! So during the meal, we were talking about the Gospel, and the family is not members.  The Daughter is an investigator that I actually taught while on exchanges last transfer when our companions were sick, and Hermana Z and I teamed up.  Anyways, we were talking about families are forever, and I was teaching in English, and Hma. Z was translating for the mom...  I had no idea what the woman asked but I knew that she needed to know God Loved HER.  SOOO, I opened my mouth, and I told her somethings that I honestly don't know what it was, and then I looked back at the Mom, and she had tears just swelling up in her eyes, and then bam. Tears were in everyone's eyes, and I had no idea what was wrong... When we got out of the lesson, Hma. Z told me I said exactly what the Mom needed to hear.  She said she couldn't believe that I knew exactly what to say.  I told her I didn't, and she called me a Liar, and then said, "Hermana you listened to the Spirit, and it was beautiful." So that was pretty cool! And then, on Saturday our phone rang and I answered, and this man with a super thick Arabic accent tells me that he wants us to come teach his daughter, cause he wants her baptized! WHAT!!! This never happens people! It seemed too good to be true, and it was... So we got to his house, and turns out his granddaughter is 4.... So in 4 years she will be baptized. It was still a miracle, because he is not a member, and he wants us to come over every week.
5.Favorite Food: The meal I ate in the Spanish Ward.
6.Most Challenging Thing: Isaiah Chapters in 2 Nephi.
7.Simple Pleasures: Hiking, and seeing the Nature all around.  It was so peaceful!
8.Goals: Be Positive. Be Straight Forward with Everyone, and Just be Honest with Them.
9.Biggest Smile: Falling on the hike, and seeing this guy look at me like, "You Idiot!" haha, I couldn't help it. The path was small, and he was not the smallest person, and I tried to run up the mountain side, and ate dirt... Yeah, people laughed and I laughed!!! So it was good!
10.Biggest Accomplishment: We almost hiked 7 miles yesterday, but obedience was more important.
11.Favorite Scripture Story Studied: 2 Nephi 16... Yeah, it is confusing, but SO GOOD!
12.Favorite Quote: "For the first time in a whole week, I was able to go 2 hours without thinking about girls during EFY."- Tanner S in his sacrament talk...

Whelp, I love all of you! Have a fantabulous week! I got that package Mom. THANKS SO MUCH!!! 
XOXOXO, SIster Rietz
one in shorts is from yesterday. One in pants, last week.

Our hike last week




We had some adventures....

....I hope you are having adventures

The obedient Sister Missionaries

No comments:

Post a Comment