Monday, May 18, 2015

One year out...

1.Funniest Thing Done: Well we were in ward council, and the Relief Society was talking about her husbands cat, and how much she hated it. And then out of nowhere this super sweet 80 year old man blurts out, "well just kill the cat. That is all you have to do." Then he didn't laugh or change his facial expression at all.  It was pretty funny because no one expected him to say that.  At the end of the meeting, he turned to the Relief Society President and told her that he would take care of the cat, or he was going to take her husbands man card.  There were so many funny moments in Ward Council.  Anytime there was a disagreement or someone was saying something kind of serious, someone would drop the "just kill the cat" line, and then everyone would start laughing.  That was probably one of the most hilarious, but long meetings of my life.  It was two hours long.
2.Biggest Blessing or Miracle: When we were at the Doctors, I was able to talk with Sister H and get a new perspective on the area, things that we could do to help the ward, and to also find new people to teach.  It was so awesome.  Another Miracle that happened this last week, was we were reading from Stand a Little Taller, from President Hinckley and the scripture that was for my birthday was exactly what I needed that day.  I knew that Heavenly Father led us to that scripture for me. BUT it doesn't stop there!!! We brought it with us to some lessons, and we would ask people their birthday and then we would look it up and read them their scripture.  So many people were just baffled that it was what the book said.  One lady thought we were making it up, so she read it herself and started freaking out saying, "He really just answered my prayer.  He was listening to me. He was listening to my freakout of a prayer." That was such a miracle, because we had ZERO idea how we could help her, and now we have a direction as to how we can help her testimony grow.  I love the Spirit. haha.
3.Exciting Events: We had President Interviews, and guess who is going to be RIDING A BIKE AGAIN really soon?? ME! I was telling President last week that I would love to bike again, and in interviews we talked about it some more how in a car you can't really contact that many people, because no one wants a car pulling up beside them asking if they want to learn about Jesus Christ. Then BAM we got a call from the Zone Leaders about if they could theoretically get us a bike rack would we use it? I told them, ELDERS IS THAT EVEN A QUESTION!!! OF COURSE! Our area is too far to bike to, so we will be driving to our area and then biking where ever we want! The Upland 3rd Area just got a couple points for fun/adventure.
4.Favorite Game: Umm. We are on a mission. That is a game in itself...
5.Favorite Food: We had homemade tortillas, and they were AMAZING! The woman made them into enchilladas, and they were so good! I am still thinking about them... Yeah, judge me. I like my grains.
6.Most Challenging Thing: I am now supposed to be cutting dairy out of my diet.  That is really hard, but it is doable, and I am sure that it is only gonna make it that much more of a healthier of a diet.  Also, it is challenging to be in the same area that I was called to work in last transfer.  Sometimes when we are in the boundaries or near the boundaries of the other ward, I want to just go knock on members doors and pretend something is wrong with our car, and we just so happen to be stranded in their area.
7.Simple Pleasures: We were able to have Sister H come with us to the Doctor, and then she came out with us in our area.  She was such an awesome Member Present, and she was able to make a connection about being a mom, and never giving up on your children with the woman that we were visiting.  Sister H (member) loved Sister H (mission pres. wife), and Sister H (mp wife) has been asking how Sister H (member) is doing.  What an amazing thing to have the opportunity to have Sister H come with us.
8.Goals:Be Positive. Even when times are tough in the area, or if my stomach really really really hates me.... 
9.Biggest Smile: When Sister S and I are just laughing about dumb things, or when we people watch in our car.  There was a man that watched her back me out, and then he said, "I need a camera for this.  Watching you back her, makes my day." Umm you are so welcome that we make your day when she backs me out of our parking spot.
10.Biggest Accomplishment: I only had to do 13 U-TURNS!!! That is such a great accomplishment, because the week before I did a lot more than that... A LOT MORE!!! 
11.Favorite Scripture Story Studied: John 15:1-8.  It is about Christ being our Vine.  How important is it that we don't let our vine get cut even just a little by Satan? It is so important that we stay strong, and keep increasing our testimonies so that Satan has a harder time attacking us.
12.Favorite Quote: "Wow, that is a big bun..."-elder j "yes, that thought crossed my mind."-elder b. The reason this was so funny, is because the sister that was getting a blessing, was wearing her hair on top of her head... and the Elders didn't know where to put their hands on her head. It was so great! 

I hope that you all have a great week! I know that there are so many miracles if we just look for them! I know Heavenly Father is always aware of us! I know that he is totally aware of all the things that we are going through.  I promise you if you pray and ask you will receive an answer! I hope that you all look for the miracles in your life!!! 
Good Luck to Sister M's Little brother as he goes out on his mission on Wednesday!

Love, Sister Rietz


Someone parked in our spot so we decided to leave them a nice loving note, telling them to never do it again.

Sister N got all 4 dots on her visa waiting stuff, so she should be in Brazil in less than 4 weeks!!!! (note from the mama.  I have no idea why this picture is turned this way.  Sorry)


No comments:

Post a Comment