Tuesday, April 7, 2015

I love the Savior of the world. I love Easter. I love the Atonement

1.Funniest things done: We were in a lesson with Sister A, (her son is a potential investigator for the Elders).  Well we were about to finish the lesson and then there was a knock at the door.  It was the Elders.  They were there to see Bill.  He was home, and he knew he couldn't avoid the Elders.  Well they started talking with him, and he was so uncomfortable.  I swear there was a look of utter joy in Sister A's face at the fact Bill was so uncomfortable, but that could be a bit of my imagination. Anyways... So we were closing our lesson with a prayer, and then all of a sudden Bill was gone.  We think he snuck out while we were praying.  We searched the apartment for him, and then Sister A started yelling, and I may or may not have started laughing because it was so funny to hear her yelling for someone that was obviously not in the apartment anymore.
2.Biggest Blessing: Conference! I had a lot of questions, and a lot of them were answered.  I loved the focus it had on family, and also about the Atonement.  I love the Atonement.  I have really learned how it can not only help me, but also those around me.  There are people that think the Atonement can't help them, but I know it can! I have a testimony of that.  I am so grateful for the Savior, and all He did for us. Candy and I were talking about the Atonement, and the view she has on it, is one I wish everyone had.  We should be so grateful for it, and use it appropriately in our lives.  I know that no matter what struggles or hard times we are having, the Atonement can help you.
3.Latest project: Finding People to teach the Gospel to.  I feel like this is always my goal, but it's gotta be done!  
4.Most exciting events: We went and Sidewalk chalking for a finding activity.  We drew the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the plan of salvation, and then did a couple for #Becausehelives.  It was so great!  There were people that would stop and talk with us, and it was so great! Hopefully people call us, or watch the video! If you haven't seen "Because He Lives", I suggest you stop reading, and go watch it.
5. Favorite Game: Find the Ginger Sisters! There is a companionship of redhead sisters, and they are too cute! I love searching for them when we are at the church, or in a meeting.
6.Favorite Foods: Cilantro Lime Chicken.  I made it, and it was so good with homemade guacamole, and corn tortillas! It was so great! I love being able to cook my own food, and not having to worry about members getting offended if it tastes gross
7.Most challenging thing: Well I just found this out, but there are only two biking sister areas left.  All the other ones are closed, or they out cars or Elders into them.  I really hope that I go to the Redhill Ward after this area, because it is the only bike area besides our ward.  I am really nervous for transfers even though they are still 4 weeks away, but I really hope I stay on bike! I love Gideon Moroni.  Wow, I am like a little girl obsessed with her Barbie Car...
8. Simple Pleasures: Riding on a bike, and knowing that the air in my face is air from the wind, and not air conditioning.  I got car sick last time I was in a car for the day, so I really appreciate the bike.  It also reminds me that all things are possible.  I haven't ruined a skirt completely since the desert, and that is a major accomplishment!

9.Goals: Reach 1,500 miles on my bike.  I have about 60 miles left, and I really want to get to 1,500 this transfer.  I also have the goal of studying 7 pages of the Book of Mormon everyday, and really focusing on the times it mentions Christ, God, Heavenly Father, or the Savior.
10.Biggest smile: When we got asked to help a little with the play, "Savior of the World" that our Stake was putting on for Easter Weekend.  We were asked to iron a ladies costume, which then resulted in us ironing over 20 costumes, and being there for an extra hour and a half.  The play was amazing! It really brought in the Spirit, and I know that those who were there, were really touched by it.  It really made me so grateful for the Scriptures, and how we can go read the accounts of what happened when the Savior came and visited his people again!
11.Biggest accomplishment: Meeting with Wesli, who is our newest investigator! She said she is lost, and her daughter is lost, so they are looking for a church that can help them.  She is worried that "black people are cursed in your church right?" so that has been interesting working through it with her.  We were able to help her see why there was a difference in the Lamanites, and the Nephites.
12.Favorite Quote: "With a long breath and a sigh he uttered "a woman" and paused to reflect his words." -Candy during Book of Mormon Study Class, and an Elder said "a woman" pretty much the way Candy described it.  It was great! I love her.  She makes lame situations great!

I hope you all watched Conference.  It was amazing! I would suggest you go and watch it.  Right after you email me, or write me a letter. hahaha.
Love, Sister Rietz


Sister N is really tired after a morning of biking.

Call us if you have Questions. *don't really call us Mom*

Lewis and Clark and Sacajawea would be so proud!

Searching for Investigators.  We are going to find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment