Monday, March 30, 2015

Because He Lives. We all Can Live again.

1.Funniest things done: We were in the Library and there will be people who come in  and they always are a little crazy sometimes.  Well there were some other Elders who were in the Library too, and as we were sitting there, this man walked up to Elder R and gave him a hug, and then kissed his shoulder.  It was such an awkward moment, and I am so grateful I didn't have to experience it, but just watch it.  The man told the Elder he would come back for him.  Precious moments of being in the Upland Library.  Also, Sister N's bike was too big so we called the mission office, and they said they would fix it.  Elder S just took a saw to the pole on the seat, and cut four inches off the seat.  Problem Solved.  
2.Biggest Blessing: Well Sister M and I had a blast together.  I got the flu on Monday, but it only lasted 24 hours thank heavens! But during that time, I really realized how special of an opportunity it is to teach a new missionary how life on the mission really is.  I am sure there will be so many times where I want to give up, but that is what Satan wants us to do.  Seeing Candy bear her testimony on Sunday was one of the best things in the world.  She talked about how precious of a gift the Book of Mormon is, and how we need to not take it for granted.  There have been so many times where I have just read my 10 mins for seminary, and then called it all good.  But now listening to her talk about how much of a gift it is, I realizes she is totally correct.3.Latest project: Learning what the heck I am supposed to be teaching this new missionary.  She is awesome, and there is a lot that still needs to be learned for both of us.
4.Most exciting events: I think the most exciting, but most scary thing is that Sister N almost got hit by a car.  She was crossing the street, and I don't think the car saw her.  The Lord is really protecting her.  Sister N is also a Visa-Waiter.  Shs is called to the Brazil Fortaleza East mission.  Her visa never came, and so there are 5 of the 10 missionaries that came out that are visa waiters.  They all speak Portuguese, and we were told to not let them use it right now.  She gets frustrated when I make her pray in English, but that is how President H wants it right now.
5. Favorite Game: Getting to know a new person.  The cool thing about a new companion, is you can literally decided how much you want them to know about your life before the mission.  It has been more fun for me, than for Sister N I think.
6.Favorite Foods: We ate sweet pork tacos, with vanilla cake.  It was so good! The tacos were all homemade, and I am a pro at making tacos now.
7.Most challenging thing: Being a trainer, and having no clue what to do when they ask how it applies to the MTC. Suggestions would be helpful!
8. Simple Pleasures: I think watching the odometer on my bike just go up and up.  It sounds dumb, but being in a car with Sister M was weird.  We kept joking we should have brought my bike to Ontario for the day.  Then it would have been like old times for sure. Also, finding a hat that is missing the top.  So cool.  You literally find the craziest things when you do service.

9.Goals: Smile at the challenges that I am sure will come.
10.Biggest smile: Hearing that a Less-Active has decided to serve a mission.  He was praying about what to do, and then bam.  Answer was to go on a mission.  And now he is going to get the advancement in the priesthood, and the rest will be history.
11.Biggest accomplishment: Managing to give Sister N a run down of EVERY person on the ward list.  It was cool, cause I didn't realize I knew people as well as I do!
12.Favorite Quote: "It has been a really long time since I have been made fun of by 12 year old boys for my virginity of not smoking pot. It hurts. A lot." -Elder R

I gotta go, but family have fun in Utah all together! I love you all so much, and I know we can be together forever because Jesus Christ died for each one of us, but he was resurrected so that we could return to live with Heavenly Father again!
Love, Sister Rietz
pictures:
9367: Sister Austin and Me
9366: My cool hat I found.

9363: Reunited with my Mom!
My cool hat I found.

Sister A and Me

Me and my mission "mom"

No comments:

Post a Comment