Tuesday, April 21, 2015

No Habla Espanol. Spudwood Derby. The "RITZ" area



1.Funniest things: This last week I was with one of the Hermanas for a day.  It was so much fun, and I loved getting to know her better.  Her companion was really sick, and Hermana W normally drives, and Hermana Z is not allowed to drive mission cars, so they needed a driver.  I was the only one who was in the area who was not already in a car that could drive... So I was Hermana Z's driver for the day.  I had no idea what was being said at dinner, in an of the lessons, or when she was talking on the phone but I do know that there is a special spirit with those people.  I know there are so many humble people they are working with.  But none of this is funny, so let me get back to what I was saying... So we were eating dinner with Hermana A, (pronounced like Ursula) and she told me over and over to just leave these dishes in the sink, and I had NO IDEA WHAT SHE WAS SAYING TO ME! I just continued washing the dish, and the Elders thought it was hilarious, so they just let me continue washing the dish.  Then after that episode I was standing off to the side out of the way, and she apparently told me to sit down.  But remember NO HABLA ESPANOL! and I just stood there.  She told me over and over, but I didn't know she was talking to me.  The Elders realized that she was going to be getting mad, and they told me over and over really really fast to sit down.  I sat down, just as she in English said, "SIT DOWN!" she did raise her voice, but now we are friends, and she even kissed me on the cheek when we were leaving.  Hermana Z didn't even realize I was getting in trouble because she was in the kitchen right by the stove cooking Chilerelleno.  It made for a good adventure.  It was just really funny, because I had NO IDEA WHAT THE WOMAN WAS YELLING AT ME ABOUT!!!
2.Biggest Blessing: This last week I went to the Doctors, and we are now on the road to figuring out what is wrong with me.  Fingers crossed my medicine just needs to be changed, and then it will all be fixed.  That would be the best case scenario.  But Sister H called Mom, and they were able to figure out some things.  Pray the Blood Tests show us things that will help them know what is wrong with me!  (Note from the mama - Sister Rietz has been sick off and on for several months.  Hopefully it will be a quick solution.  I'm sure she feels the prayers you give in her behalf.)
3.Latest project: On Saturday we were able to help a Non-member family move.  They were such a cool family, and they really needed the help.  They were able to get so much done, and they might even want to start meeting with us.  They just moved into Upland, and their son is going to be playing basketball for some Christian College, and he wants to play with our Young Men when they play on Thursday Nights.  I hope that all can go well with them! 
4.Most exciting events: Well I was in 3 different areas this week. I worked in the "Rietzy Rich" area, and I am so grateful I don't serve in that area.  Haha, it was just not what I am used to. I loved being in the Spanish Branch for 2 days! It was so great, and I am catching myself saying Hermana, and Gracias, and just other phrases she taught me.  I love it! I would love to serve in a Spanish Area, but I am really grateful I can teach in my native language.
5. Favorite Game: SPUDWOOD DERBY! Our ward had an activity and they gave everyone potatoes, and you had to carve them into cars, and put wheels on them, and race them down the tracks.  It was so fun, and we had the best team name, and all the members laughed when they called, "Team Sisters are better than Elders, against the Elders." It was so great, and the kids loved it!
6.Favorite Foods: Chilerelleno! It was this deep fried chili with cream cheese in it.  SO GOOD!
7.Most challenging thing: Setting up a 10 man tent when the two sisters are not tall.  We had to bring out chairs, and stand on them.  The member just wanted to see what his tent looked like.  It was an adventure for sure!!!
8. Simple Pleasures: I was able to talk with Sister H a lot this week! She is such an amazing woman, and she reminds me a lot of Captain Michele. ;) She is a great Mission Mom.

9.Goals: Help our New Investigator Mike understand that there is such thing as Faith.  He feels like there is no such thing.  That it only matters about science and proof and 100% knowledge.
10.Biggest smile: When Candy was at the lesson with Mike, and her testimony was born in a way that he didn't realize that is what she was doing.  She was able to answer his questions, with asking him questions.  It was awesome to see that happening.  I am going to be learning so much from her!
11.Biggest accomplishment: I think that we were able to do over 15 hours of service for people this week! It was awesome! I love Service!
12: Favorite Quote: "If you don't eat my tortillas, you will never learn Spanish"- Hermana A.  I guess I am never learning Spanish! 
I love you all! 
Have a great week!!!!!!
~Sister Rietz
Watch out, Sister Cop Rietz has got some authority... to set up appointments.

In the "Ritzy Rich Area" and posing like the door man.

We beat the Elders in the Spudwood Derby!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment