Thursday, September 11, 2014

I love to see the Temple, I went inside today...


Hello.  This email is coming on a Wednesday, because this week our p day got changed to Wednesday, and we were able to go to the temple.  I love the temple.  There are so many things in this world that allow me to know that Heavenly Father loves me, and the Temple is one of those things.  This last week was kinda rough, and the trip to the temple could not have come at a more crucial time.  We left at 6:30 this morning to tackle the roads, and deal with the morning traffic going down the hill.  The temple is in Redlands, and so we had to get down there before the session started, so we got there a little early, and so we took pictures at the temple before we went in.  Sister S took us, and I really loved the time that we were able to spend with her, and that we were able to get to know her even more.  She has such a strong testimony, and knows how much the Gospel can help her get through trials.
Back to what happened this week:
We had 5 investigators drop us, we dropped 3 of them, and 1 is moving.  We also had 4 baptismal dates set up, and all 4 are no longer investigators.  That was hard to understand why these people that we had been working with all of a sudden no longer wanted to meet with us.   This week I really learned that the Lord really knows the things that can help our investigators, and if it takes not meeting with us anymore at this time, that we will have to use that trust that we have in the Lord, and know that we really are not to be meeting with them at this time.  One of the hardest ones that we are no longer meeting with is, David.  That was really hard for me, because he has made SO much progress, but he is not willing to pay tithing, even if he has a job.  That was really hard for us, because we have gone over tithing so many times, and he has agreed to pay it, and then we were going over the Baptismal Interview Questions with him, and he said no he wouldn't pay it.  We talked about it for a while, and he said that he would never pay it, even if he had all the money that he needed.  Sister M, and I both felt like we needed to drop him.  That was one thing that really made me feel good at the temple.  That confirmation that what we did was correct.

We found a golden investigator on Wednesday the 3rd.  She told us that she knew she would be a member, but that she had a lot of questions, and she wanted them to be answered.  Her brother is a member in Tustin, (Ryan, maybe you know him. Except I don't know his name...) and she wants him to baptize her.  She told us that he could come up anytime, and do the "dunking".  We talked about her questions, and we set a baptismal date for the 27th of September.  Well, Satan is working hard, and the next morning Mary called us to tell us that she is no longer wanting to meet.  She said that when she was reading 3 Nephi 11 that she had an anxiety attack, and that she didn't want that to continue to happen every time she read.  So she told us never to come back.  That was really hard to hear, especially because when we were meeting with her, the Spirit was so strong, and we really felt like our prayers had been answered.  But, the Lord knows when the Gospel is best for those around us.  I really have been struggling with that, and know that the Lord will allow Mary to have the Gospel when it is best needed for her.  

This week we have been meeting with members in the ward, trying to get the ward mission plan into action.  That has been a struggle, but also a blessing at the same time.  It has allowed me to get to know the members in their homes, and not just at church.
On Sunday we went to Sister S's family for dinner.  We actually had breakfast for dinner.  I loved the waffles with the fresh fruit.  It made me miss the blackberries and raspberries that I am sure you are eating in abundance back home.  Eat berries for me, cause I miss them, and really want them here in California.

Last night we went to Addiction Recovery, and started talking with one of the girls that came with her Grandma.  She is just moved here from back east, and is really struggling with knowing if there is a God there.  We talked with her tons about how we know there is a God, and we are now planning on teaching her.  She told us about how she has been searching for a religion, and how she is really interested in our church.  Her name is Sue, and she really has had a hard life, and I know that the gospel can bless her life, like it has for all of ours.  
WEEK IN REVIEW:
1.Funniest things done:  My shoes are really worn on the bottom, and a member told me I needed to resole them.  Then he was looking at my watch, and it broke pretty badly, and his face was utter embarrassment, and then he goes, "eh you probably got this off Amazon."  (I almost died laughing, cause I did get it from Amazon, and I will get another one from there too.)  My watch is now sewn onto my wristband.  Good thing that the thread is green, and my watch is green.  It works just perfectly.
2.Biggest Blessing: The opportunity to go to the temple.  When I get off my mission, let's all come to the temple here, and do a session.  It is GORGEOUS!
3.Latest project: Finding People that have been prepared to hear the Gospel.  Becoming an unconditional missionary.
4.Most exciting events: The Elders in our District are having a Baptism this Saturday, and last Saturday another set of Elders had a baptism, and they accidentally hit her head, and she might have a concussion.
5.Favorite game: I really have no favorite games at this moment.
6.Favorite Foods: Sweet Potato Quinoa 
Chili. 
7.Most challenging thing: Accepting the fact that I am not a perfect missionary, and that there is a reason in Heavenly Father's plan that investigators no longer want to meet with us.
8. Simple Pleasures: Rain.  We got a small rain storm, and it was overcast ALL day Monday.  Those people who said that it never rains, I am starting to doubt what they told us about the weather.
9.Goals: Keep a Positive Attitude.  Become an unconditional missionary.
10.Biggest smile: Walking into dinner on Monday, and the M. family little kids running up, wanting to play soccer before dinner.  They owned us.
11.Biggest accomplishment: Lasting 8 days before we could email again.  Also, not freaking out, when a cop pulled up next to us, and it was pitch black, and he started to interrogate us,  until he realized that we were missionaries, and that we were just going home for the night.  It was crazy, with all the lights, and him using his stern cop voice.  He was looking for some people that were on bikes, so he stopped us to figure out who we were.
12. Worst Food: We had this casserole that had cans of cream of something soup.  It was like eating a heart attack.  No thank you, on seconds!!!
13. Amount of Miles Biked: 47.2 Miles.
14: Favorite Quote: David is telling us about a fight that he got in with his brother in law.  "...and then he came at me, and started scratching my face.  I wanna be a model so I put my hands up, and said excuse me, can I have my looks."  Sister M and I started to laugh so hard! Holy Cow, there are so many funny moments that I will miss that happen with him.
Another favorite Quote: Elder Holland in March 2000 Ensign said: "With any major decision there are cautions and considerations to make, but once there has been illumination, beware the temptation to retreat from a good thing. If it was right when you prayed about it and trusted it and lived for it, it is right now. Don’t give up when the pressure mounts. Certainly don’t give in to that being who is bent on the destruction of your happiness.Face your doubts. Master your fears. “Cast not away therefore your confidence.” Stay the course and see the beauty of life unfold for you."

That would have to be my ending advice for you all.  Beware the Temptation.  Don't Give Up.  Face your Doubts.  Stay the Course.
Hope you all have a wonderful week!!!
LOVE YOU ALL TONS!
We found this sweet belt when we were helping a member clean her house.  She wouldn't give it to Sister M

In front of the beautiful Redlands Temple



Sister M and Me

Me, Sister S and Sister M at the temple

No comments:

Post a Comment