Monday, June 2, 2014

Awkward Struggle Bus

Awkward Struggle Bus.
The MTC is getting old.  I seriously feel so bad for those that are stuck here for longer than me.  There is only so much you can handle in a classroom for 10+ hours.  This week was exciting! We got one of our investigators to commit to baptism! She is getting baptized in 3 weeks! Well at least that is the plan.  Our last p-day has been so BUSY! We went to the temple today, and I LOVE the Temple.  So much peace was there today! Oh, and LAUNDRY! I wanted to make sure all of my laundry was done before I left for California. Speaking of California, I leave tomorrow from the MTC at 4:30 am, so family expect me to call you at like 6:15ish your time.  I bought a calling card, cause it is easier.  
The thing I am most excited about leaving, is helping people receive ETERNAL LIFE! That is the greatest thing that I will be able to do.  I also am so excited to be able to wear the name of Jesus Christ on my name tag.  I am most worried about saying the wrong thing.  Oh, and that my bum is gonna be SOOOOOOOOO sore from riding my bike.  I can't wait to be mobbing the streets of Rancho on my awesome bike.  Everyone will want to bike in a skirt after seeing me.  I love all of my clothes.  Mine are all unique, because I didn't really buy any of them from all these stores where everyone and their mom shopped for their mission clothes.  I love the yellow and the blue skirt.  They literally go with all my clothes.
The cheap shoes from Taiwan are actually really super-duper comfy.  They are also super easy to match with.  I do wish that I had a red skirt, but that could be a Christmas present or a nice surprise.  I can't wait to get to Rancho and meet the person that I am going to be with 24/7 for at least 6 weeks.  I think that I get my bike that first day.

Awkward Story of the Week:
I was being obedient, and it was time to turn off the lights.  Well my bed is closest to the light switch, so I always turn it off.  I turned off the light, and it was pitch black.  This caused me to trip on my suitcase, and I ALMOST peed myself, I was laughing so hard.  Everyone else was laughing super hard too.  Another story: I was making myself clean in the shower, and knew that Sister C was in the shower next to me.  We had been talking, and then we stopped.  Well I decided to pick up the conversation again, and there was no response.  Well that didn't regester in my head.  I KEPT TALKING!! so that was weird cause there were like 10 other girls in the bathroom.  Well I said outloud: This is so awkward, I talk to myself." I then heard sister C laughing and knew that she was there the whole time.  Another story: I spilled something on EVERY ONE OF MY SKIRTS! I have no idea how.  I am just a klutz.  The blus skirt now has a stain, as does my tan one. Buahaha, oh well it happens to the best of us. Another story: Sister C is as awkward as me.  Like no joke.  We both laugh so hard that we can't breathe, walk, eat or do anything that a normal person can do. We now have two buses that we are both the drivers and the passengers of.  The Struggle Bus lives on, and the Awkward bus has pulled up to the bus stop.  We offer VIP passes to all those having awkward struggle bus moments.

I love you all. Remember that the Church is true.  The Book of Mormon is true.  Thomas S. Monson is a true prophet.  I love the Gospel.  Love you all! I will be in California when I write next!
Love Sister Rietz!
Sister Rietz with her first investigator, Kelly.


Sister Rietz with her MTC District


Sister P, Sister Rietz, Elder Dance and his companion.  Sister Rietz and Elder Dance share a nephew named Carter.  Elder Dance left last week for Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment