Monday, February 9, 2015

The End of a Trio Legacy

Well Sister C3 is now home.  Probably holding a baby or watching Frozen.
I really miss her so much already, and it is going to be weird going back to a companionship, but let me just say that in those 4 weeks of being in a tripanionship, I learned so much about how to cope with change, roll with the punches, and just have fun.  I loved her so much, and what a great thing it will be when we are reunited.  
This last week so much happened.  There was stake conference, and we sang on Saturday night.  Our investigator Candy came, and she LOVED it! She also told us that she really misses taking the sacrament this week.  She said that there seemed to be a part of her that was missing, and it was cause she didn't take the SACRAMENT! What an awesome thing for her to realize.  President H came and spoke, and after he came and talked with Candy.  When he walked away we told her that he could be at her baptism, and she was so excited.  Good things are in store for her, and we are loving watching her change.  We went to dinner with Candy earlier this week, and she took us to this restaurant that cooks the food in front of you.  It was so good, and I really want to take all of you there when we come and visit my mission.  I love being on a mission, and I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to be here serving the Lord for 18 months.  Looking back I see that I have grown, but that there is still so much more room for me to grow, and I am so grateful for this learning opportunity.

Now a look at the past....
1.Funniest things done: Remembering all the crazy moments that we had with Sister C3.  Nicole shoving plastic chicken into my mouth.  A recently returned missionary tried to hit on Sister C3 after he learned she was going home this week, and she was so awkward, and didn't know what to do.  We all just busted up laughing, and told her that we found her husband.  
2.Biggest Blessing: Realizing that the Lord has called me to this mission to serve here at this time, and that there is so much work that needs to happen still.  I love being a missionary, and I hope everyone has the chance to serve a mission.
3.Latest project: Meeting everyone in the ward, and giving them a "Service Sister" aka a folded index card that looks like a sister missionary outfit.
4.Most exciting events: WE STAYED TOGETHER IN UPLAND!!!!
5. Favorite Game: Learning Spanish from Hermana Z as she was our companion while out companions were going home, and were at the Temple.
6.Favorite Foods: Dinner with Candy at Kishi.  The best grilled shrimp found anywhere!
7.Most challenging thing: Saying Good-bye to Sister C2
8. Simple Pleasures: Laughing like maniacs, and not really caring who sees.  Also, seeing Nicole and Hannah P.  They are my favorite little girls.
9.Goals: Lose Weight (totally doing that).  Obedience with Exactness.  Find new Investigators.
10.Biggest smile: Nicole trying to feed my rubber chicken.  She kept shoving it towards my mouth when we were reading the scriptures with her Dad.
11.Biggest accomplishment: Sending another Companion HOME to Idahome!
12: Favorite Quote: Candy talking about President H: " He sounds like Batman!"

This email doesn't do this last week justice, but I know that there are so many blessings in store for this next transfer.  How lucky we are to be missionaries.  How lucky I am to be serving in California.  and How lucky we all are to be able to share the Gospel with all those around us.
I know this church is true.  I know that Thomas S. Monson is leading and guiding us, and I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior, and knows exactly what we are feeling at all times.
I love you all! I hope you have an awesome week! Love you all!
Have a great Valentines day!
Love, Sister Rietz

With Homer the Pig

Our trio and our ward mates

Good bye Sis. C2

Keeping the sass in the CA Rancho Cucamonga Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment