Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Crashing is for Champions

I miss being in a tripanionship! I miss having someone to gang up on us, and for people to be total band-wagon-ers. (is that a word?) It is weird to not have three people on bikes at one stop light.  but all will be well.  Sister T and I will manage without Sidda C3 with us.  It was weird to look and see her bed still in our room, and find random things that we assume were hers, cause they aren't ours.  But so many miracles have happened this last week.  also, yes.  Sister T and I did crash, but if we must rate these crashes, this one was probably a solid 6...
I shall tell you all the story upon this here email.

We were biking home really fast, cause we had to be at a service project for our investigator, and we had gotten stuck in a lesson longer than we wanted.  So we quickly crossed the road, and were going to get up onto the sidewalk, when we saw a couple walking, and then decided to stay on the road away from them.  Well we passed them, and then I tried to get up onto the sidewalk, but unfortunately my tires lined up perfectly with the side of the ramp, and the road, and down I went.  Well it doesn't end there.  Sister T was right behind me, and tried to avoid me, but nope.  She ran into my bike, which caused for it to hit me.  So I didn't only hit the sidewalk and slide, but I also got hit by my companion and bike.  But no worries.  It still doesn't end there.  A couple in a car saw it all happen, and they came and checked on us, but we were laughing so hard, so we told them we were fine, and then we tried to tell them about the church, and then when we told them we were missionaries for the church, they quickly drove away.  It was for sure something to laugh at.  But I realized that after some trial or anything that pushes us to our limits, there is always a blessing.  and there were two of them this week! The first one was Allie and Amber got baptized! I was so excited! I got to go speak at their baptism, and When I walked in to the room, (cause we were a little later getting to Hesperia then we planned on being), I felt like I was going back to one of the best places in the world.  So many people were there, and I got to them! The R Family, Amy B, Bishop, Sister S, the H Family the B Clan, some elders I had previously served around.  It was like a family reunion! And I loved it!!!! I knew all of those people, and I love all of them so much!  It was such a good refresher to go up there.  I will forever love Hesperia, and I will forever love Upland as well.  So after the baptism, we were driving home, and a miracle occurred with Candy.  She started telling us who she wants to have baptize her, confirm her, give talks, and that she wants a dress not a jump suit.  She said that she is ready for the 21st, and it was so awesome, because all before that she would say that the 21st was tentative.  She never really was 100% set on the 21 she said.  But now she is, and Sunday in Ward Council they were talking about how they can help her.  The excitement that people feel when they meet her, and talk about her baptism is just so amazing.  We also had a lesson with her, and the member that we brought was awesome.  Sister J was able to relate so well, and the thing we talked about was having more faith in the Savior for when times get hard.  Well we committed her to tell her mom about us.  She was so scared, but she did it after the baptism on Saturday.  But then on Sunday her mom started mocking her, and now Candy is discouraged.  But she told us that she was fasting for strength, and that it will work.  I love all the determination, and faith that she has.  It is an excellent reminder for myself.  So today Sister T and myself are fasting for her to have the strength that she needs.  We know that all will be well with her.

1.Funniest things done: Crash on our bikes, ate breakfast in 20 mins, and this random kid ran out of his house to tell us hello, and that he was a member.  It was a kid that had just gotten off his mission a little bit ago from France.  It was awkward, cause his family just moved into the ward, and we didn't know who he was.  Awkward mission moments are the best mission moments.
2.Biggest Blessing: Candy fasting, and getting things set up for her baptism.
3.Latest project: Working with the ward council and planning a baptism.
4.Most exciting events: Wrecked on our bikes, and nothing really bad happened.  Just some bruises, and a scrape on my leg.  and my sprocket and I are getting really close cause it cut my leg.  But no stitches were needed.
5. Favorite Game: "Hey remember that one time when we crashed?" Laughter ALWAYS follows!
6.Favorite Foods: Lasagna, and Lemon Poppyseed muffins.
7.Most challenging thing: Knowing Satan is trying hard on those who are trying to turn their lives around.
8. Simple Pleasures: Driving back up the hill to Hesperia, and seeing a Joshua Tree.  Who woulda thought I would miss one of those?
9.Goals: Help Candy have faith in Heavenly Father.
10.Biggest smile: Watching Brother B baptize Allie, and then watching Elder R baptize Amber.  It was a precious moment, and the Spirit was so strong!
11.Biggest accomplishment: Not even getting a snag or scratch on my skirt when we crashed.
12: Favorite Quote: Me to Sister T: "We are never getting married." *high-five*

Well I love all of you, and also if anyone is wondering, tracting with the Law of Chastity pamphlet on Valentine's day is SUPER successful! Members in our zone did it, and although we didn't have luck others now have potentials to go see.  It was great! I know the Church is true.  I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God, and I know that faith works.  How great it is to be on a mission! I love it!!!!
Love, Sister Rietz
The Pictures are from the baptism.  We are one special group that is for sure!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment