Tuesday, December 16, 2014

'Tis the Season to get the Flu...and bed bugs!!


This past week was one that I will not care to experience again.  I got the flu, and have not really been able to eat anything, and have it stay down for the last 3 days.  I have been drinking water, and sprite, and nibbling on saltine crackers like a champ.  There were many times where I thought I was going to be fine, and then all of the sudden I thought the room was going to fall apart, it was spinning so quickly, and then I would be sitting on the ground.  That was really hard, especially knowing that Sister C2 only has two weeks left in the mission!!! The time is flying by, and I am in shock that this transfer is going so quickly.  I am loving the Christmas Spirit, and also love the 12 days of Christmas that Mom sent us.  It has been fun reading the scriptures, and seeing if we can guess what it is.  I love the socks, and the paper.  Hopefully one of the packages is stamps... to go along with the stationary.  Anyways we also got bed bugs.  Well, we know where they came from, and we think that we caught it early enough.  There was a less-active that we visit, and she had them, and told us they had been gone 2 weeks, well C2 found some in her shoes, so a lot of our stuff went into plastic black bags, out into the sun, and all our bedding went into SUPER hot water, and got all cleaned.  The mission office was like, NO not bed bugs, and we were like, Yup, bed bugs.  It has been an adventure, and I feel so bad that I was not able to really help C2 like she needed.  I pretty much stayed as close to the bathroom as possible.  But I am feeling so much better, and the bed bug problem is almost all resolved.
1.Funniest things done: Watching the Zone Leaders faces when they saw me, and gave me a blessing.  They were like, umm, don't throw up on us please.  And then hearing our Ward Mission Leaders freak out, when we asked him to bring us black bags.  He was really funny about all of it.  But because of him, we are getting the problem taken care of quickly.
2.Biggest Blessing: The Zone Leaders being able to come give me a blessing almost right away.  The blessing promised me that I would be healed, and that the Lord was just preparing me for the people that I was going to be meeting in this area.  It was comforting to know that there is a reason that we get sick.
3.Latest project: Bed Bug removal, and Flushing out the Flu.  I have the greatest appreciation for being healthy.  I was talking to Sister C2 about how I never am really grateful that I am healthy, until I am sick, and then I realize that it is because of Adam and Eve that we have opposition in all things, but I love that they took of the fruit, cause it was in Heavenly Fathers plan, and I know that it all is gonna be fine, cause we know who wins in the end.

4.Most exciting events: When we were on exchanges, Sister J and I were able to meet this man named, Weston.  It was so cool talking with him, and hearing his life story.  He talked about how he lost a child, and the Spirit was so strong, and we knew that we needed to bear testimony about the Plan of Salvation.  We haven't started teaching them, but we are planning on seeing them this week! I am stoked! and we also have a TRIPLE baptism on Saturday! I am so excited for the B Family, and I know that this is just the first step towards them changing their lives.  They are on track to still be baptized, and hearing their excitement about it, is making me all the more excited for them!
5. Favorite Game: Who can place a Mormon.org card, or He is the gift.  Games missionaries come up with... So sad.
6.Favorite Foods: Well, we had Maui Burgers with fries made from Potatoes from Idaho, so that was like eating at home.  Except we always ate Washington Potatoes... But still hamburgers and fries are the common dinner item at the Rietz household on Saturdays, so it made me happy.
7.Most challenging thing: Not feeling bad about having to take sick days.  That is seriously one of the worst things.
8. Simple Pleasures: Seeing everyone put up Christmas lights, and Trees.  Even in California they put up lights.  It cracks me up when there are signs that say, Let it Snow.  Come on people, it is not going to snow in Upland.
9.Goals: Get 3 new investigators this week.  We have 4 potential investigators, so we are really excited.  I am telling you, there are good things in store for this ward.
10.Biggest smile: When a Sister in the 1st ward gave us Christmas presents, and it was matching skirts with the 1st ward Sisters.  She was so excited for us to have them.
11.Biggest accomplishment: Having Sister C2 leave the area for 24 hours, and I was in charge of making sure that I knew the area, and the people that we were going to see.  It felt so good when I realized that I knew all the places that we were going, and that we didn't get lost once.
12. Worst Food: We ate dinner at a house that was infested with cockroaches.  They were everywhere, and even crawling on the food.  I was so grossed out, and when the members weren't looking, I would fling it off, and then "continue to enjoy the food." I left that house so grossed out, and wishing that I didn't have to experience it.13: Favorite Quote: "there were bugs where there should never be bugs." in reference to our dinner with the Cockroaches.  I hope that if I consumed one, that I won't die. Haha, that would make for a cool funeral I guess.
I don't have any pictures this week, but there will for sure be some next week.  I hope everyone's week goes well.  I love all of you! Merry Christmas! I love this season!!

Xoxoxo, Sister Rietz

No comments:

Post a Comment