Monday, November 3, 2014

I'll make a MAN out of you!

There was a storm that was coming... it didn't rain on us, but pretty much all around got the rain.  Those clouds came in so fast, and so did the wind.

Waiting in the car, cause it was really cold, and we were early to stake conference.

I can actually put a cute outfit together... Point one for me.  It was super cold, yet this outfit was warm!

This week was one that I feel like Heavenly Father was really, really testing me, and my dedication to him.  I would plan out everyday to the MINUTE and then right when we would be leaving to go to our area, our first couple appointments would cancel.  I would get so mad, and wanna just give up, and not do anything but I knew that we really needed to go to the Mesa, (which is our area) and see people.  
The beginning of the week was awesome! We carved pumpkins with a family in the ward for FHE, and then we made it a competition with the Elders.  They got really into it, but I don't know if either one of them had ever done it before, because they had NO idea what they were doing half the time.  It was cool to just take a small "break" from missionary work, and carve pumpkins for Family Home Evening. I think Sister Rutledge sent one of the pictures to Mom.  It really made my day, cause it reminded me of what we would do at home.
Then we had every appointment cancel the next day, except one, and that was because the lady was in the hospital, and she had nowhere to go.  Then after that, we tried to see a ton of people, and of course Heavenly Father was testing us, because even those we knew were ALWAYS home, were not home... It was annoying, and we just biked trying to see people till dinner.  
WEEK IN REVIEW:
1.Funniest things done: Opening a letter from my family, and seeing my siblings hairs in it... I love you guys so much! That really made a HARD day a GOOD day.  Also, having ward-mate inventory with the Elders.  Pretty much we just talk all positive about everyone.  It helps us get a good laugh.
2.Biggest Blessing: Our recent convert was in a small accident at the airport, and he walked away with 8 stitches, and a broken arm.  He was super lucky that it was not more than that.  They are still waiting for swelling to go down so they can see if it needs surgery.
3.Latest project: Working with the Ward Mission Leader, and not getting frustrated with him as it has been hard to communicate the vision and goals that we have for our ward.
4.Most exciting events: We made real legit homemade Chinese food.  It was so GOOD!  We also survived our first day of really cold weather.  It was in the 40's and the wind was super windy.  I got to wear my new coat, and it was awesome.  We had interviews with our mission president, and I loved seeing him and his wife.  They also came to Stake Conference this past Saturday night.  Oh yeah, almost forgot.  I sang in Stake Conference with some other missionaries.  Never again my friends.  Never again.
5.Favorite game: What will be warm, and still look okay on a bike.
6.Favorite Foods: That yummy Chinese food that I talked about earlier, and also we had Thai Food.  It was an Asian-y kind of week apparently. 
7.Most challenging thing: Biking in the Wind, and Cold, and Night.  Having 8 appointments cancel all on the same day.  Even our dinner appointment cancelled.  It was a tough day.
8. Simple Pleasures: Waking up Sunday morning, and seeing it was dark outside, so we obviously complained about daylight savings.  Our phone didn't switch over, the time automatically, so Sister E got up and started showering, and while she was in the shower, it clicked in my head I still could sleep another hour, so that was a huge smile knowing I got it figured out in time to actually get some sleep. 
9.Goals: Survive this week.  We have a lot of people that we are going to try and see, because everyone and their baby mama cancelled on us this week.
10.Biggest smile: Getting an email from Sister M, and just laughing my head off because of the funny funny things that she said to me.  "I'm so happy for Ella...gosh dang it...why did it take her so long to meet missionaries!! GAHHHHHHHHH" Yeah, I can totally see her saying that.
11.Biggest accomplishment: Listening to people with a grain of salt knowing that they really have zero clue what they are talking about.... "you Mormons believe in killing people..." "the Word of Wisdom, doesn't seem fun..."
13. Amount of Miles Biked: We got a lot of member rides, but it was a good solid 19 miles biked.  So much for reaching 1000 miles last week. Thank heavens for repentance.  We will get 1000 miles this week.
14: Favorite Quote: "I DON'T WANNA GO HOME!"- Little girl YELLING at the Library.  
Other favorite quote: President H: "These are vegetables. (holds up green peppers from his sandwich) They are good for you.  They help with asthma. Right Sister E?" President had just told her that she needed to get an inhaler, because she has been having a really hard time breathing... Another trip to the doctors it looks like..... Woot-Woot....

XOXO
Love, Sister Rietz

No comments:

Post a Comment