Monday, November 17, 2014

Goodbye Hesperia! Hello Upland!!

I got a bulls eye my last night in Hesperia!

One of my favorite families

Just a little shopping cart fun

Our backs

Silly missionaries!!
Sister K

Well, there is a new chapter in the book of Sister Rietz and her mission life. It is called Upland.  I am really excited, but REALLY sad at the same time.  There were transfer calls Saturday, and then Saturday night, we found out that there were even more missionaries leaving then we thought.  It was really sad, because our ward lost 3 missionaries.  Both Sis. E and I left, and also Elder O left.  It was a shock that Elder O left, because he was told on Saturdayafternoon that he was staying, and then Sunday he got a call saying he was leaving.  Our poor ward is going to be going crazy.  Well along with transfers means a new beginning.  I loved my ward in Hesperia, and there are SO many families that I cried saying good-bye to.  It was a struggle, because this is the only ward that I had ever known, and being a third of the way done, that was a LONG time to stay in one area. I have been transferred to Upland, which is in the Valley.  I am sad to leave the Desert, but from what I hear Upland is a "rich" area... so I was told I was going to get fat, because everyone will feed me steak and potatoes "rich man" style... Not really sure what that means though.
My new companion is Sister C2 (not my MTC roommate).  She (from what I hear) is a hard working, diligent, obedient missionary.  That is exactly what I have been praying for, and when I heard that, I just wanted to cry and sing praises to Heavenly Father for being so awesome, and listening to my prayers.  I also have been praying to stay on a bike... WHICH I AM!!! My goal is to get 150 miles this transfer.  We shall see if that happens or not.  My old ward-mate Elder R is friends with Sis. C2, and he said she is awesome, and just what I need after a really tough transfer.  When we met each other, and we hugged I could feel the love that she has for me instantly. It was awesome!  When I was saying good-bye, everyone was telling me how wonderful it was to get to know me, and they were going to complain to President that I was leaving.  

Sis. E is going to Apple Valley... Her new companion is Sister C (My MTC roommate)! I was just in shock, and couldn't believe that they were going to be together.  It was crazy! I really hope all goes well for them.  It could be a tough transfer, because they are whitewashing into the ward.  Their district leader is Elder O though, so they will be fine.  I really know no one down here, except Sis M, whom I saw for like an hour today.  She is training again, and I know that she will do awesome. She is staying in Ontario, so we aren't super far away, but we won't see each other until the Christmas Devotional that is in December.  
This past week was super crazy! We met Elder Golden of the Seventy.  It was a good meeting, but he kept talking forever, and we went 2 hours over, and had to cancel a lot of our appointments.  It was frustrating, but some of the stuff he said made me want to be a better missionary.  I really hope that I can step it up, and reach that potential that I am sure is there somewhere.
So we found out why they whitewashed the Sisters in our ward, and put Elders into it... It was too Dangerous for Sisters to be on Bikes in the evening.  Once the sun went down, crazy things would happen up on the Mesa.  It was annoying thinking that no one was gonna like the Elders, but I am sure that all will work out, and I pray those Elders can help our Investigators get Baptized. 
Sis. C (MTC) and I were talking last night, and we decided that we thought saying goodbye to our families was going to be the worst goodbyes, and that none could compare. Well now I am realizing that there really is a different love that I have for those in Hesperia, that can compare to that love for those around us.  It was a love that made me really really strive to help draw them closer to Christ.  We decided that amount of love for those people, is what makes it so hard to say good-bye.

1.Funniest things done: Freaking out when I was still going to be on a bike! The Elders thought that was the weirdest thing that I would pray for.  I told them it was because I love biking.  Everyone in the ward felt bad that I was not going to be in a car.  No one understood why I wanted to stay on bike.  Everyone would say, "ohh, I am so sorry you don't have a car."
2.Biggest Blessing: Knowing that there is a God there, who knows EXACTLY what we are going through, and that He loves each one of us SO much!
3.Latest project: Learning my new ward! Saying goodbye to Hesperia!
4.Most exciting events: Transfers.  I also was able to see Sis. M at the transfer meeting, which made me really happy!
6.Favorite Foods: We ate the most delicious peppered pork chops, with a Greek salad.  It was super GOOD!
7.Most challenging thing: Knowing that there will be 4 Elders in my old ward, and 75% of the people we visited were single sisters.  I am interested in seeing how the Ward will help the Elders, so that they can still see them.
8. Simple Pleasures: Hearing everyone tell me they really Love me, and that they are going to miss me.  It is always nice when someone talks all positive about you!
10.Biggest smile: When Sis. K told me how important I was to the Lord's work. When she said that, I just started crying right there in the hallway at church.  She is one of my favorite people from the Ward.
11.Biggest accomplishment: Writing out 3 pages of whitewash notes, and helping them realize how far their area was, I gave them street by street instructions.  It was time consuming, but totally worth it!
12. Worst Food: Eating the Bread that was in our freezer.  It was completely freezer burned, but when it is transfers, it calls for not buying food, and being smart and eating everything you got.
13. Amount of Miles Biked: 22 miles.
14: Favorite Quote: "You and Sister C are not allowed to tell President about my relationship with Peru... the llama from the Zoo.  We have a very special relationship." -Elder N.
Well, there is much to do. And I have so much Unpacking to do... It is not going to be fun unpacking, but neither is ironing clothes, so I will choose the lesser of the two evils.  I gotta buy food, and get familiar with my new area.  My companion goes home in 6 weeks, so I have to learn the area really well so when she leaves, I will be able to not get lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment