Wednesday, May 21, 2014

California here she comes...(by way of Provo, Utah)

Sister Rietz's adventures have begun!!  She left Lewiston yesterday to fly to Salt Lake City.  Allison (her sister) picked her up and they were able to spend the rest of the day together.  She enters the MTC in about an hour as I type.  (I, by the way, am Michele, Amber's mom, who has been granted responsibility for this blog while Amber is serving her mission.  I am excited to have the job!)  I thought I would just post a few pictures from yesterday.  Kristin and Trevor stayed home from school, we went to breakfast, of which I'm pretty sure Amber only ate a few bites :) and then we took her to the airport and sent her off with hugs, kisses and a few tears. 
She has gotten advice from people (don't drink the orange juice at the MTC:), prepared herself well, and is ready to begin her life as a representative of Jesus Christ. She has had so much support from family and friends.  As her mom, I am grateful to you all.  I know she will be prayed for, thought of, and sent happy thoughts throughout her mission.  Thank you!
So off she goes.  It all begins today...


One last selfie with her mom and younger siblings

A classic pose for these three!

With mom and dad after a wonderful day at the Spokane Temple.



No comments:

Post a Comment