Tuesday, December 15, 2015

The End is Just the Beginning

I don't even know where to start.  I am so grateful for the time I had to be on my mission.  I loved it.  It wasn't always easy, but it was always worth it.  I know I am changed.  I am changed for the better and the habits that I now have are going to help so much in life.

I am so grateful for those I met on the mission.  They were the ones that kept me going when I was frustrated.  They were the ones who I watched change their lives thus changing mine.  At the beginning of my mission I honestly thought I was going to be teaching people all the time.  Then at the end of my mission, I realized they were the ones who were always teaching me.  The teacher became the student.

I am so grateful for all of you! Thank you for reading my adventures, trials and all the other insignificant things that I wrote.  I hope that if you served a mission, this helped you remember your mission.  I hope that if you are thinking of serving a mission, this helped you see the life of a missionary.  I hope that if you have never met a missionary or a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints that you were able to feel the Spirit.  Here is a link to getting in contact with missionaries or just to be able to look more into the LDS faith.  https://discover.mormon.org/en-us/ 

On November 30, 2015 I flew home to Idaho.  I saw my family for the first time in 18 months, and let me tell you, I cried so much! Pretty sure I was the only one crying too!  It was so great to see them!  I was greeted with the best hug from my family, balloons, posters, and a special poster made by those who weren't able to physically be there at the airport.  I was able to see my sister in California the night before I flew out, at a Departing Testimony Meeting with all the other missionaries going home.  It was such a surprise to see her and again, I cried.  :) (It is a reoccurring thing).

Again, thank you so much! You are all so special to Heavenly Father.  He has a plan for all of us.  I know that! He wants us to be happy so he sent His Son to make it possible to get back.  I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God.  I know it is another testament of Jesus Christ.  I know Joseph Smith saw God and Jesus Christ.  I know he was crucial in restoring the church to the earth.  I am so grateful for him.  I know the Priesthood is here on the earth.  On the mission, I saw many times where the Priesthood brought hope, peace and healing.  I was so grateful for those who held their Priesthood responsibility worthily.  That was such a blessing to know that we called one of them and they would help us out.  I know we have trials in our lives to make us stronger.  The key is how we view the trial and who we turn to for help.  I know someone that is always the most reliable.  He is our Father in Heaven.  He is always just a prayer away.  He wants to help us.  If I didn't believe any of the things I mentioned above I would have not been telling people that for the last 18 months.

Just because my mission in California is over doesn't mean I am never going to talk about the Gospel to those around me.  I know it can change lives, so the missionary work is going to continue, just in a little different way.  
So this end is really just the beginning.

Love, Amber Rietz

The Welcome Home Group

 Ryan, Myself, and Alli at the 
Departing Testimony
 Departing Missionary Temple Trip
 Zone Leaders dropping off
snack for flying
 President and Sister Hobbs
These Sisters have meant more to me than they know.
Because I have known them, I am changed
for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment