Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Where has the week gone? (Post for October 26)


I really can't believe that this week is done.  I really don't know where the time has gone.  This email is going to be really short.  I am so grateful for the miracles that we saw this week.  I know the Lord really had a hand in the things that were done.  I am so grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  I know that the Gospel is the only thing that can help us when we are having a hard day.  I am so grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  This last week SO many great things happened! I really can't even think right now.  Sorry.  I am only going to touch base on the things that I really think are most important.
On Tuesday we had District Meeting in the Mountain. AGAIN! I love going up there.  The wilderness is so calm.  The peace and clarity that we can receive there is amazing.  I really know that Joseph Smith needed to go to the grove to be able to receive the answer that he got.  I know the Spirit can work through others to help us come closer to Christ.  I love the Gospel.
Yesterday I was sitting in the chapel.  I was praying this last week to better understand the Sacrament, and what it means to us.  As the sacrament was being passed around, I grabbed a piece, and then realized how BIG it was. Then I passed the tray to the lady next to me.  She grabbed a piece, and it was so LITTLE.  She looked at me, smiled and then put the bread in her mouth and closed her eyes.  It hit me right then and there.  It doesn't matter how big or little the bread is.  It still is symbolic of Jesus Christ, and what he did for me.  It was an answer to my prayer for sure.  I was sitting there, and just amazed at what Sister B had just taught me.  The Lord really does answer prayers in the way that we need them them.  I was just so shocked that the answer to my prayer would come when it did.  I am so grateful though for Sister B, and her little smiles that teach me so much!  
Sad News: Brenda's Mom passed away yesterday.  It is really sad, but I really believe that with the faith that Brenda has in the Plan of Salvation, that she will be okay.  I was really sad to see Brenda move away, because I knew that it meant that we could no longer get her testimony texts that she would send to us.  I also have been praying for more opportunities to raise my level of obedience.  I knew that not texting Brenda would be so hard, especially after her mom passing away.  But, the Lord blesses those who are obedient.  President H allowed us to text her and tell her how much we love her.  She told us that she was coming back this week, so I get to see Brenda before I go home.

I am so sorry this is so short.  We are driving around other sisters today, so they can save miles, and they have dinner soon.  I love all of you so much! Thank you for your examples.  
Love, Sister Rietz

Sister Amber Rietz
6541 Woodruff Place
Rancho Cucamonga, Ca
91701I

Looking for a souvenier to bring home.

Silly Sister Rietz

Our favorite place to have District Meeting

Ditto

No comments:

Post a Comment