Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Alma 50:16. Black Widows. Scaring Sis. T2

Alma 50:16
Thank you so much for all the Birthday Wishes.  I really can't believe that I am 21 years old.  Where has the time gone? Haha, so anyways... This last week was really good.  Miracles were present everyday, and I know that it is just a small sliver of what the Lord can give us.
Monday October 5
Like any normal P-day.  It was fun! We really just sat around and emailed, played Savageball (dodge-ball where everyone is against everyone else), and ate dinner.  It was a really relaxed day.  It was nice.
Tuesday October 6
We had an amazing Zone Meeting.  The Spirit was so strong, and I really just wanted to go and focus on finding families to teach the Gospel to.  There was no way anyone in that room didn't feel the Spirit.  I know that it was there, and it was teaching us all the things we needed for our areas to become better missionaries.  We had a lesson with our Recent Convert Brenda.  She is so great! We showed up for our lesson, and she walks out and tells us that she has been trying to call us, but we weren't answering.  We continued talking, and she asks to reschedule, and tells us that she is just too stressed out at that moment.  We know what being stressed is like, but we also know that the Scriptures can bring the most peace.  We started reading scriptures, and just talking about how the Gospel can bring so much peace to us when we are stressed out.  I am so grateful that we didn't have our phone on to get that call not to come.  I know the Lord knew Brenda needed to just talk, and feel the Spirit.
Wednesday October 7
We had so many great lessons.  We met with 2 of our Investigators.  Rebecca is 13, and is just trying to figure out how life works.  She is cousins with Brenda, and really looks up to her.  We had a member from the Young Women's Presidency with us, and she invited her to mutual which was that night, and Rebecca accepted.  From what we hear, she loved it, and can't wait for the next one.  We also saw Lori.  She is not a member, but her husband is.  He doesn't like us, and told her that she can meet with us, but not when he is home.  So now we have to be gone by 4:30.  But we were able to talk about Moroni 7:47.  At the beginning of my mission, I feel like I would have been disappointed that we weren't able to check anything off on the teaching record, but I have really learned that those things will be checked off when the Lord is ready for them to be checked off.  He knows what they need, and we just need to follow the Spirit to fill that need.
We also had FHE with a Less-Active Family!  The Dad never sits in on the lessons, but this time he did, and he asked us when we were coming back!!! WHOO! Miracles are happening on Sitting Bull Road.
Thursday October 8
We met up with the Sister Training Leaders, and ate Baja Taco.  So good! As Elder Falabella of the 70 would say, "I love rice and beans."  We all love rice and beans.  Haha.  It was a good time, and lots of laughs were shared with these sisters.  We also had a great lesson with a Less-Active.  We were able to talk about church, and learn a little bit more about her fears of coming to church.  It was great.  I am so grateful for the Spirit, and how it really can teach us.  We also were able to meet up with a family from my first area: The R family.  We ate dinner with them at Red Robbin, and they got me a little mini cake, (see picture), flowers, and 2 pumpkins because last year we carved pumpkins at their house. It was so good to see them, and they are all really amazing people!
Friday October 9
We had a great lesson with an active member.  We watched the conference talk by Elder Holland talking about Mothers.  It was really good to see how the Spirit was able to work through us to help her know that she is making a difference in her children's lives.  I really love the Spirit so much, and I am so grateful for my own mother who really does so much for all of us.  I am so grateful to learn from all the Moms that are in my life.  We also had dinner with another family from my first area: The B family.  I found out they are going to the temple really soon because Samantha's year mark is almost done, and they want me to go!! I am so happy! It was the best Early Birthday Present!!!  I loved it!  They are such a humble family, and they really rely on the Lord to get through hard times.
Saturday October 10
I may have broken the Word of Wisdom.  We ate so much food.  I didn't eat anything I wasn't supposed to, but I did eat SO MUCH! We were doing service for a member in the Ranchos Ward, and she made so much food, and we felt like we needed to eat a lot of it.  But the service was great.  There were so many Black Widows.  They are so GROSS!  Our house also just got labeled as dangerous because of how many Black Widows there were in the garage.  They are just hanging out, and it is so gross.  They are going to be destroyed this week though.  There is  a pest control company coming.
Sunday October 11
Well, everyone and their shopping cart full of bottles for recycling wished me a happy birthday.  It was embarrassing.  But oh well.  The best was when the Granite Hills Elders Sang Opera to me.  Then the Sister Training Leader's sang to me, and we ate cake, ice cream, more cake, and we don't even care how many calories it all was.  I also was able to scare Sister T2 again. Kind of.  It was more of just me getting stuck in the cupboard.  This is how she described it... "So Sister Rietz has been getting even more creative in her attempts to scare me. I went to use the bathroom and when I came out all of the lights in the house were turned off and the house was silent, as expected. I went through turning them back on and got to the kitchen where I burst out laughing because one of our lower cupboards was open and there were two feet sticking out. Sister Rietz had emptied the shelf of all the cooking supplies and had crawled in, but had accidentally kicked one of the doors open. It was a perfect opportunity and I closed all the cupboard doors and sat in front of them for a couple minutes. Then sat and took lots of pictures while Sister Rietz inch-wormed herself out of our cupboards."  It was way fun, except for when I really was stuck, and I saw a Spider web under there.  I was so worried there was going to be a spider family also with it... But there wasn't that I saw.

Thanks again for all of you being amazing!!! We are so blessed in this area, and I am really worried that I am going to get transferred.  Transfers are this coming week, and I really hope that I can stay here for my last transfer as a missionary serving a mission for the Lord.  I love it so much! I am so grateful for my Savior, and all that He does for me.  Thanks again.
Have a great week! Enjoy the cooler weather! It has been in the 90's pretty much all week!
Love, Sister Rietz

Sister Amber Rietz
6541 Woodruff Place
Rancho Cucamonga, Ca
91701
My latest scare tactic!

A little birthday treat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment